Popular Posts

Sunday, October 29, 2017

October 29, 2017: Claressa Swensen Author Interview

Today I have a treat for my readers as I interview Claressa Swensen, an author of some amazing children’s picture books.




Hello, Claressa, Tell the readers a little bit about yourself. Who are you, what are your likes, and what kinds of books do you write?

My name is Claressa Swensen, and I’m a children’s author from Utah County. I have a 4-month-old little girl who is my inspiration. I live in a little house with her, my significant other, and my two small dogs. I’ve been writing for 2 years, and during that time, I’ve published three children’s picture books. I am expected to release my fourth by the end of this year. Other than writing; I love gardening, shopping, reading other picture books, and taking my new baby out to show her this exciting world (she just loves visiting new places).

It sounds like you have a very full life, yet you have managed to publish three children's books. That's quite an accomplishment. How do you find time to devote to your writing craft?

Thanks! Well, I believe if you love something enough, you’ll find time for it. I try to put an hour or so aside every day for my writing. With a newborn, some days I only get 10 minutes, and some days I don’t get any time at all. But I dedicate every moment I do have free to writing, because it’s my passion. And I just can’t imagine NOT writing.

That is the passion of a writer, indeed! You're either writing or thinking about writing. Tell us about your books you have published so far and if you can, give us a preview of your upcoming book.

I’ve published three books so far. Dino Dino Doing Homework talks about the importance of priorities and putting play aside to focus on your Homework. Teensy The Littlest Fairy is about the smallest Fairy in the Forrest who uses vegetables to grow big and strong. And finally, Nap Time With Harry was written to make nap time fun, by using the concept of fun dreams. My upcoming book, set to be released in 2018, will be a book about a bear who learns the value of sharing. I don’t want to spoil it, so that’s all I’ll share for now on that one 🙂


You obviously want the very best for her. She is lucky to have someone who cares so much for her future. Your books sound interesting and look great! I am going to post your contact information at the end of this interview so that anyone interested can find your work and purchase it. Is there anything else that you would like your readers to know about you and your work?

Thanks! I can be reached at Facebook.com/ClaressaSwensenOfficial Please keep an eye out for my kickstarter campaign featuring my newest book, Little Bear and his chair coming soon!







amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.