Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July 1, 2015: Stepping out

     With every new venture, there is some trial and error and writing is no different. I've expressed before my appreciation to my step-daughter Kim Jernigan for her advice on things that helped me get up and running quicker. She also pointed out something that I was doing that could have denied me the rights to my own original material. Other forms of advice came from books, webinars, and websites about writing and how to improve one's skills and increase visibility and readership.
     It was on the advice of a couple of resources that I decided to go ahead and publish my short story "The Picture of the Ghost" through Kindle Direct Publishing at a very modest price of only $.99. Now that does not sound like much, and there's a very good reason for it: it's not very much. There is a strategy involved, though, that seems very solid. An unknown writer has to get his work into the hands of the readers, and the best way to do that is to offer an interesting product for a price that will appeal to a very wide base.
     Hence, I am stepping out. This will allow me to see if the piece that I feel was very well written and interesting actually was to other people. It should be tomorrow, but definitely within the next couple of days, everyone should be able to find my story on Amazon for your Kindle. Please check it out and let me know what you think about it. I take all comments seriously and try to improve my writing each time I put pen to paper.
     In the meantime, I am working on my next short story tentatively titled, "Day of Revelation". This is a backstory for a couple of the characters in the time travel novel I am also writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.