Popular Posts

Thursday, July 16, 2015

July 16, 2015: Summer Dreams

     I thought I'd try my hand at one of the many competitions that Writer's Digest has. I started small, and wrote a short 738 word story about a young man taking his girlfriend out to her senior prom. Afterwards, she wants to go to the beach to see the sun come up, so he obliges her. Let it suffice to say that his expectations were pretty high for this all-night date that doesn't quite go the way he thought it would. There is humor and emotion in it, and I can't wait to see if it does well in the competition. For anyone interested, you can go to writersdigest.com/your-story-competition in September of this year and vote for my story if you like it. Even if you don't vote for me, I would love to hear your comments about it. The story is entitled "Summer Dreams" by M Ray Holloway Jr.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.