Popular Posts

Friday, April 10, 2015

January 5th, 2014

I fully understand what the Bible means when it says that we struggle with flesh and blood. As a spiritual person, I am aware of the things that I should do, and I try very hard to stay in line with those things. However, I also am a human, which means that I have earthly urges and emotions that pull me in exactly the opposite direction. I guess that was why I found it so easy to identify with the Star Trek character Mr. Spock. He was half human, full of all of the emotional responses to their environment and half Vulcan, a race of beings who had struggled through their history to master everything emotional or illogical. He was in a constant battle internally to determine how he should behave. I loved the later movies where Spock seemed to have come to terms with who he was and accepted completely both parts of his makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated.